Wednesday 21 May 2014

BRIEF 14: DIALOGUE//FINAL PRESENTATION BOARDS AND EVALUATION//OUGD603

brief 14_dialogue
evaluation
This was a quick response for a brief written by Eve and Nathan to be involved with the dialogue exhibition which took place at the corn exchange.  Even though ultimately I didn't use the primary research I collected I still enjoyed the process of collecting it and I will use these techniques and extend the certain area I was researching for a different brief.  Originally my idea was to collect conversations and use this information to form a dialogue themed poster of random snippets of conversation.  However, the idea never developed far enough as I came up with a new design that I thought fit more appropriately for the exhibition.  I thought this brief was good in terms of having to work to certain requirements, because we have had the freedom to write our own briefs this year, most of the outcomes have been suited to the criteria I wanted.  This brief allowed you to work to A3 scale, black and white and either vector or half toned images.  Shockingly enough this was the first time I had learnt how to and used the half tone effect.  I feel myself becoming slightly more confident on photoshop, which is really encouraging because a couple of months ago I wouldn't of even edited photos on there.  Im learning, even though I am far more confident on illustrator, that some things are so much easier and effective when using photoshop.  The design itself I was pleased with in the end as I thought it depicted the theme of 'dialogue' quite well.  The photograph that I had taken fit perfectly for the quote that I found which really highlighted conversation/dialogue, from the catcher in the rye.  I also made a colour copy which I think I would prefer in my portfolio, as the original design had to meet the requirements of the brief set.

No comments:

Post a Comment