Tuesday 6 May 2014

BRIEF 11: DRINKS CLUB BRANDING//LOGO DEVELOPMENT//OUGD603

developing the drinks club logo:
After working on the logo and not making progress, I decided to look up some tutorials on how I could transform my script written logo into an actual digital file.  When I was developing other ideas for the possible logo, nothing that I was coming up with visually was satisfying me and I had been set on this logo for a while.  After sketching the logo and scanning it in, I then went around it with the pentool, trying to get all the curves in the right places and trying to make the lines flow digitally as much as they had on the paper.  This is my final logo which I am pleased with, there are lines and certain areas of it that I can see would need improving at a professional level but in terms of the progress I've made from the first attempt a few months ago I am happy.


developing drinks club logo:
I thought for a logo it would look more suitable as its more compact for the design of membership cards and generally basing it on other drinks logos this seemed to fit more with the kind of design I was going for:
Based on previous discussions with the client we had decided to base the branding on a philosophical and comical direction, incorporating the idea of a philosophy of drinking but in a light hearted way. This is where I added type to give the logo some context as its not apparent from the script design of the logo.  I think with the text placed around the the script writing it neatens the whole logo and allows there to be a consistent shape when being placed on various formats.

No comments:

Post a Comment