Wednesday 21 May 2014

BRIEF 09: MEANTIME//FINAL PRESENTATION BOARDS AND EVALUATION//OUGD603

brief 09_meantime 
evaluation
This was a brief that originally I hadn't written up or intended to do but sort of developed and turned into one of my longer briefs.  I feel this was quite a significant brief in third year and changed the approach and feelings I had towards my final outcomes in third year.  I feel the outcomes from this brief were one of the first deliverables that I was actually happy with and I had to overcome some printing issues to get the exact outcomes I wanted in the end and because of this the brief spanned from before Christmas until afterwards.  I felt like I had quite a lot of freedom with this brief and the way I wanted to design it which always makes the brief more engaging and interesting.  I was working with photographs I had taken and looking at visuals that could represent the lyrics and the feel/atmosphere of the song.

I also enjoyed extending the brief, when designing the four sleeves it kind of turned into making a logo for the band which I then put onto tee shirts (screen printed) and made stickers of.  I feel doing this brief allowed me to improve my screen printing skills dramatically.  Compared to the outcome of my screen printed tee shirts in second year the ink has transferred a lot better and looks a lot cleaner and more professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment