Wednesday 21 May 2014

BRIEF 05: UNSUNG HEROES AND HEROINES//FINAL PRESENTATION BOARDS AND EVALUATION//OUGD603

brief 05_unsung heroes and heroines
part one
part two

evaluation
This was an on going brief that I felt really enabled me to develop something over a long period of time.  In terms of developing ideas and pushing the brief I felt this was successful.  This was another project that relied heavily on primary research to build the content of the publication, I found because I was engaging with people when collecting primary research it made the brief far more interesting and collecting this kind of information can be really engaging.  The brief started out with me looking at one individuals story in particular but the brief developed further and I ended up exploring a few individuals stories which made the project more of a success, I feel.  I enjoyed putting a wall display together which was later used for promotional material for the proposed exhibition, I realised I liked working on that kind of scale.  I feel the biggest skill this brief has taught me is research skills, this was definitely a heavy research brief from start to finish, firstly researching into one unsung hero/heroine but then broadening the brief and looking at several peoples stories.  I came across a lot of printing problems whilst trying to produce the final outcome, the images were either too dark so they ended up showing through on the other side or certain paper didn't print the quality of the scans well enough.  I overcame this issue by ordering some paper from GF smith which I was pleased with in the end because it made a difference to the final printed outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment