Saturday 17 May 2014

BRIEF 11: DRINKS CLUB//DUPLEXING MEMBERSHIP CARDS//OUGD603

testing colours for branding:
Originally I thought about having the branding mixed with an off white/cream and a deep red/maroon colour.  These are some stock samples I did to see which colour worked best.  I also printed the comical post card quotes on the red stock to see what that turned out like.  I think all the colours could of worked but I wasn't set on one at this point.  Also the weight of the stock would play a contributing factor as it was going to be used for duplexing membership cards and so the thicker the stock the better the result would be.
Applying sticker to glass:
I printed some clear stickers to apply to these glass bottles, it would of been better to be able to explore printing on glass techniques to make it look more realistic, however, when being photographed with the rest of the branding Im hoping the visible sticker lines do not appear to be to noticeable.
testing stamp:
Printing mock ups of postcards and letter heads for the drinks club branding.  At the footer of the postcard I have included the drinks club website.  Applying the stamp to various areas of the design to see where works best and onto what stock it suits the most.
drinks club: duplexing membership cards
After using the stamp to apply the logo to various stock choices I decided against the colours that I had tested.  Originally I didn't want to print the branding on such a white stock as I thought this would look too clinical, and not quite the right feel for the drinks club.  However after deciding I was going to duplex the business cards I thought having this as a feature would allow me to get away with the branding being printed on such a clean stock.
The membership card features two different sides, one with the logo, the other side with the information on such as the drinks club motto, the address etc.  I wanted to use to types of stock, at first I was going to go with just black as I thought this would be in keeping with the colour scheme so far, however as I had produced some wooden coasters and bill clipboard with the laser cutter I thought I could incorporate a bit of brown stock into the duplexing to allow the colour scheme to be more consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment