Wednesday 21 May 2014

BRIEF 03: ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS//FINAL PRESENTATION BOARDS AND EVALUATION//OUGD603

brief 03_absolutely fabulous (collaboration with emily ball)

evaluation
This was a really enjoyable brief for me as I found the processes we tried interesting and the collaborative aspect engaging and successful.  I feel this brief massively helped improve my screen printing skills and I now feel a lot more confident in that area and a lot more interested in print all together.  This was a brief Emily and I were both keen to do because we wanted to try and improve our screen printing skills.  I felt this brief was a great opportunity to experiment with colour, print and imagery.  This brief taught me the importance of planning and preparing before hand, the digital design was the quick and easy stage, whereas preparing screens, preparing our image for screen print and the process of actually screen printing was a lot more time consuming.  We faced some problems during the exposing stage of the screen printing, when we thought we would have to clean and expose the screen again due to a technical mishap that wasn't down to us, however overcoming that problem made the brief more challenging and therefore more successful in the end.  As this was the first time I had really experimented with these screen printing techniques, I think the final outcome has turned out well.  This brief, probably more than any other brief I have collaborated on this year, showed the importance of collaboration.  I feel Emily and I worked well together and it felt motivating to have someone with similar ideas and thoughts work together on what was quite a time consuming and at times stressful project.  Collaboration, I feel this year has been quite successful, and Emily and I have collaborated three times this year, both being really pleased with two out of the three brief outcomes.  We would quite like to continue and make another series of colourful screen prints, which is something we will try and do after the hand in.

No comments:

Post a Comment