Monday 10 February 2014

BRIEF 11: DRINKS CLUB//PRIMARY RESEARCH//LABEL DESIGN//OUGD603

label design - drinks club
I have photographed some images of label design for spirits that I think work quite well or are interesting.  I thought this would be helpful in developing my drinks club logo or give some input into how I can design the label for the drinks clubs own wine.  As a general observation with a lot of the higher end label designs they print onto nice stock and the shape of the bottle impacts on the overall presentation of the alcohol, these are both things I will consider when designing my own.
 Some of the ones that I came across were quite illustrative and detailed in their designs, I am hoping that my logo is quite detailed so applying it to cream textured stock should hopefully give the desired effect.
Differing bottle types, this can help with the style of design you're going for.  I think this is something that could really add to the design when being photographed.  Perforated edges or detail cut out with the laser cutter could also add quality and detail to the product.
In terms of design being kept traditional and almost classic, a lot of the bottles use quite traditional looking typefaces, mostly serif with the older brands.  Label colours and bottle/glass colours differ depending on spirits etc.
Absolute Vodka has a modern, cleaner style compared to some of the previous designs, they also make limited edition bottle designs that showcase illustrations and use various themes for upcoming dates etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment